~ The List ~
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
So, continuing on. Guess I'm just gonna do the list in order. I like it. It follows the K.I.S.S. rule. (Keep It Simple Silly). That means today I am on #4.
List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
It is a fact of life that growing older means you get a little wiser. Well, for most of us that is true. Few exceptions that prove the rule are bound to be around. Looking back on the time around 16 there is so much we think it important that really is nothing. And to us now, it is. To us then, it was. I didn't have anyone telling me at 16 that life would not always be this way. That this boy or that group not liking you wouldn't matter. And so many other things good parents or care givers tell the younger ones.
That said, these are the things I would tell my 16 year old self.
1. First and foremost I would hug my 16 year old self and tell her it was not in any way her fault that Mom died. It was tragic sickness and sadly, so many die before causes/cures are found.
2. I would tell her that she is correct. We don't know the reason behind suffering but God has a plan and this is a part of it. Keep the faith that He is guiding your ship and all will be well.
3. For the love of God get a math tutor. Maybe a cute one. So that math does not stress you out. No, you won't really be using much geometry or algebra but it's a necessary evil to get out of High School. Also, pay attention to all things computer.
4. The boys who don't like you now will wish that had taken the time to know you. Now you are able to get your hair dyed, wax your eyebrows, and wax your lip. Yes, waxing hurts but you do it for you. No one who sees the real you sees any of your flaws.
5. Those that tease you for not being in their "class" as far as what they own and the nice clothes. They do not know better and they will probably learn when they have kids that words do hurt. Even though you say they don't, they do. Focus on your real friends. Those goofy people who shouldn't make a group but some how do.
6. Speaking of friends, you'd be shocked how many friends you don't have once you leave HS. You find your way back to a few of them. Are even still best friends with one of them still. God only knows why.
7. You'll get the hang of make up and hair. Hair is harder than make up. Just learn the basics and don't be afraid to ask for help.
8. No, you don't use that Spanish you thought would be so helpful. In fact, you will realize it isn't that kind of Spanish you need to know. Maybe you should make friends with a Latina. Oh, right, they're not called that popularly just yet. Find you a nice Mexican girl to help you learn Texaas Spanish. Trust me, it'll be a good thing to know rather than learn later.
9. It was real brave of you to try out for Mascot. You should trust yourself more and step out of your comfort zone once in awhile.
10. Don't give up on your dreams. Don't just settle. Go for what you want. Maybe rethink the whole no college thing. You're better than the lies people are telling you. You are not stupid. You are not worthless. You will mean the world to a handful of people before you know it.
That's pretty much it. What would you tell your 16 year old self?