~ The List ~
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
7. What is your dream job and why?
I don't know what job I've dreamed of doing. Really. Once I thought of being a teacher or a nurse but never really got any support for those thoughts early on. I was basically told I was too dumb to do it. I know that's not true.
So, years later I am doing what I think is the most important job if not necessarily dream job. I am staying home taking care of house and kids. It's nice to know that if there's a problem at the school or a kid needing to stay home sick, I don't have to make it work. This is made easier by the fact I have a cell ph of my own and no longer worry that it will be cut off for not being able to pay the bill. That's important because I've always needed to be able to talk with Sean's teachers quickly and easily. Which meant my phones needed to be able to email. It was so much easier to talk with his teachers and not really interrupt the flow of leave a message with a person or machine. Especially early on when he was all over the place. Some never understood why I had to have such a ph but anyone with special needs type kids knows the importance of you being able to contact teachers or them you easily. Or why I didn't want to look for a job even though it could've helped us, I didn't think it would given day care costs and all. If I had a job when Sean was going through the worst of his troubles I probably would've lost it for all the taking off to get him to appointments or pick him up because the school called and said he had to go home. Employers do not like employees that cannot be there all the time reliably.
But this is about dream jobs.
Recently, I applied for a day care job and basically got it. I haven't been able to start because the dang background check has not come back yet. There should not be anything on my background that would keep me from getting the job. The job I didn't know I wanted til I got and then sort of lost it. The one I was reluctant to apply for because Lord knows most people were not giving me the time of day much less a chance at a job. I love kids. I can think of nothing better than being able to work with little kids and see them learn and grow. Plus, I would not have to worry bout who would be watching my kids. My hours would be decent and I'd still have weekends. So what if I lose carefree summer days. Hubs chosen path pretty much allows him to work anytime, anywhere. There's lots of times he is gone on weekends but a job that has me home on weekends would not effect him. So, I pray every day and night that if it's meant to be that the background check will come back clean (as it should) and I can be officially hired and that my chance has not passed at this daycare. If it has or the dang background check never comes through, then I just keep trudging along til I'm shown where I am to go next.
If you're wondering what is the biggest job I ever dreamed of having...Well, this may be the first time I am sharing this so publicly. I used to think how awesome it'd be to work on radio as a Dj, or are they even called that anymore? Anyways, that's pretty much it. It's not anything I ever thought of pursing just something that for a moment in time seemed really cool to me.